Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Some Days

Some days are better than other days.
Some days Ellie talks when the speech therapist is here.
Some days a mom of a similarly-aged child says, "Jack just started doing that too!"
Some days Ellie shows me that she understands something far better than I thought she did.

Other days are harder.
Other days I realize that she's not going to grow out of this.
Other days I realize that this battle is just beginning, and we're still at the easy part.
Other days I worry about the future.

Every day she melts my heart with her smile, anyway.

2 Comments:

Blogger Moreena said...

I'm so glad you posted here Sarahlynn! I so enjoy reading over at your blog, and this is a great poem expressing exactly the whole down-ups of these days.

8:00 PM  
Blogger Sarahlynn said...

Thank you both!

10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home