Monday, February 21, 2005

I love it when........

Often times, as the parent of a child with special needs (especially one with developmental delays) we are forced to focus on what our children can not do or does not do. I am feeling a little down today, so I made a list of some of the things I love about Noah and wanted to share them.....
Continue reading...

I love it when Noah..........

* Says Mama. He accents the second syllable. Too cute!

* Wakes up early on Saturday mornings in the silliest mood and get in the bed with me and Daddy.

* "Yells" at me with signs. (If I am not paying complete attention to Noah and he is signing to me, he will sign really forcefully until I pay attention!)

* Brings books to me to read. That child LOVES to read!

* Wants me to teach him new things.

* Sits in my lap at the computer and “helps” me build websites.

* Gets “stuck” on my cheek when giving me a kiss.

* Holds my hand on the roller coasters without me asking him to!

* Gets concerned about people if they are not feeling well.

* Bounces on his knees like Tigger!

* Gets excited and does that crazy thing he does with his arms!

* Rides all snuggled up in his wagon.

* Pokes that lower lip out just like I used to!! :)

* Is silly!!!!!!! He can be soooo silly!

* Sign to me!

* Slides down the slides at the parks!

* Asks me to sing to him.

* Navigates his own way in his wheelchair!

* Crawls down the stairs backwards! (Ok, so it was a little scary the first time he did it!)

* Wants me to sing along with his Signing Time Videos! And fusses at me if I don't do all the signs!

1 Comments:

Blogger Moreena said...

I love this list, especially the getting "stuck" on your cheek. I've never heard of any other kid doing that before! These tidbits are the things that really make me start to see Noah...even more than the pictures, if you know what I mean.

10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home