Monday, February 07, 2005

Being Noah's Mom

If you had asked me 10 years ago, where I would be today, I never would guessed that I would be where I am. I didn't realize then that God's plans for my life were very different from my own. While God was creating plans, I was dreaming of big things - being a singer in a show on a Broadway, a penthouse apartment in NY, taking trips to Paris, I wanted it all!
Continue reading...

I don't sing on Broadway - I sing to the most precious (and spoiled) 8 year old, my son - Noah. I don't live in a penthouse apartment, but a house with a wheelchair ramp. And I've never been to Paris - but I have been to Disney World and countless other theme parks! But, funny thing is - I think I might have it all.

I was never prepared to be the parent of a child with special needs, but when Noah's diagnosis came, I faced it head on, as I usually do with things in my life. Noah has cerebral palsy and epilepsy. It's hard to believe that one diagnosis - 5 minutes in our lives - would change the course of our lives totally. But it has.

It's taken me down a different road, a different path, on a trip I never dreamed of! And at times the road is bumpy, but with my family, friends, and God, we make it through!

Sure, there are days I wish I was shopping in Paris or singing on a stage but when I look at Noah and he smiles back with that huge grin, those big eyes, and that incredible, unconditional love, I know I am right where I am supposed to be!

1 Comments:

Blogger Moreena said...

Welcome! I'm so glad that you've decided to add your voice here, and I can't wait to read more of your writing about Noah, and life with him.

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home