Monday, February 21, 2005

an open call

I've been thinking about inspiration
Continue reading...

and writing and the entries I would love to read and comment on (or maybe you're all just busy leading your incredibly complicated lives!). It's probably because I've lately started to read books by writers about the whole process of writing. Currently, I'm on the excellent Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott (yes, Robyn, your essay sent me in this direction).

In case you would like some ideas to respond to for an entry, here are some I've been thinking about lately:

  • How has your relationship with your husband/family/other children/friends changed since your child's birth/diagnosis? What are the changes for the good, and also the less good (if you know what I mean, and I think you do)?

  • What are the dreams you have for your child? Are there any obstacles to those dreams? Does your child have his/her own dreams for him/herself?

  • What's the most amazing thing your child has ever said/done?

  • What's the most amazing thing someone else has ever said/done for you?

  • What's the most hurtful thing someone else has ever said/done to you? Did they intend it hurtfully? How did you respond? Do you wish you had responded differently?


    OK, I could go on and on (and you know that's oh so true), but that's enough for now. So maybe over the next few days you all might want to pick one of these topics and see if you can come up with a paragraph or two (or more, if you're like me).
  • 3 Comments:

    Blogger Laurie said...

    Just a quick response before I crash for the night...the most profound thing Anthony has said (since he hasn't even come close to Mama yet), was the word he uttered today. It made my heart go pitty pat, and I know now that he and I are truly of the same blood. While sitting in his highchair, at the sitter's house, Anthony said "donut" while pointing to the box of pastries on the sitter's table. Now, he won't say "Mama" or "Dada", but he'll say "Donut"? THAT'S MY KIND OF KID!

    9:17 PM  
    Blogger teacher said...

    I love the tulips at the top! How did you do it?

    12:36 PM  
    Blogger Moreena said...

    Tarrah,
    Love the blog! What a great idea.

    The tulips are simply cropped and resized from the original photo on the far right. Then I just played around with channel-mixing to get different color casts (done in Photoshop). I then assembled the whole thing as a larger image (with the writing) in Photoshop, and slapped that thing into the top of the template!

    4:30 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home