Tuesday, June 28, 2005

The Language of Love

Here's another submission from
Suzanne, www.specialneedsmom.com

Watching her face, I anticipate the beginning vocal sound of the word I want to hear. Sometimes her mouth remains still, untrying. Searching her eyes, I wait patiently for understanding.
No matter what my child's language limitation may be, I respect her receptive ability. She may not understand the meaning of all of my words, but she can use her senses . To hear- the soothing tone of my voice, to see-my gentle smile of encouragement as I speak and to feel- the warmth of my touch.

These things are a language she knows. In her mind, she may not only understand, but speak a language of her very own- understanding the language of love.

Suzanne, www.specialneedsmom.com

2 Comments:

Blogger Laurie said...

Wow...beautiful. Thanks!

8:51 AM  
Blogger Sarahlynn said...

So important to remember, so nice to be reminded. :)

1:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home